July 12, 2007

The Archives Or Brake Repair


I've got car trouble again. The brakes are making a weird sound.

When the car is ready I'm making another trip to the State Library in downtown Tallahassee.

Their Newsbank of Florida's newspapers is a great free online archive. The Miami Herald even goes back to 1983 or 1982. The Newsbank, combined with the microfilm catalogue going back to 1958, should give me the whole span of press coverage of Chiles' career.

Beware of microfilm. If you've got eye problems, a day staring at microfilm will make them worse.

Once I get further along with the press clips I'll return to my nook in the State Archives. The above photo of Walkin' Lawton is credited to these Archives.

1 comment:

Basil Glenn said...

The brakes having a problem are one of my biggest fears when it comes to cars. Being robbed of the inability to stop the car can be a scary thought. I hope it wasn't the brakes, and I do hope that if it was, it wasn't a major problem. Were you able to get it checked out and fixed right away?